Retirement Benefits to KVS Employees who are covered under the Pension Scheme
1. Whether the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has revised the pension in case of pensioners retired prior to 01.01.2016 as per the recommendations of Seventh CPC?
- The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has issued directions vide letter dated 09.08.2018 to the Pension Disbursing Authority i.e. State Bank of India, Parliament Street for revision of pension in accordance with Seventh CPC. However, for revision of pension in compliance to GOI, Dept. of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare dated 06.07.2017, the necessary instructions have been given to all the Regional offices/ZIETs.
2. Whether the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has revised the pension in case of pensioners retired between 01.01.2016 to 31.05.2018 as per the recommendations of Seventh CPC?
- The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has issued directions to all the Regional offices/ZIETs for revision of pension in accordance with Seventh CPC vide this office letter dated 06.12.2018. The said cases of revision of pension have to be completed before 01st March 2019.
3. Whether the Fixed Medical Allowance has been enhanced as per the recommendations of Seventh CPC and whether the pensioners have been paid the arrears of Fixed Medical Allowance accordingly?
- The pensioner is entitled for medical allowance @ Rs.100.00 per month with effect from 01.01.2007 to 31.08.2008 and Rs.300.00 per month with effect from 01.09.2008 to 18.11.2014 and Rs.500.00 per month with effect from 19.11.2014 to 30.06.2017 and thereafter Rs.1000.00 with effect from 01.07.2017 subject to the furnishing of required undertaking at the time to initial drawl of pension that he is not drawing/availing medical facilities from any other source. Arrears of FMA with effect from 01.07.2017 to 31.07.2018 will be paid only after receipt of grant from the Ministry of HRD.
Whether the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has revised the pension in case of pensioners retired prior to 01.01.2006?
- The revision of pension in case of pensioners retired prior to 01.01.2006 in terms of Government of India, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28.01.2013, 30.07.2015 & 06.04.2016 had already been done by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. However, in case the revision of pension has not been made in terms of the aforementioned OMs, the pensioner is requested to contact the concerned pension sanction authority (concerned Regional Office).
What are the retirement benefits to KVS employees who are covered under the Pension Scheme?
An employee of KVS who joined service 1.1.1986 and opted for Pension Scheme or an employee who joined services after 1.1.1986 and before 1.1.2004 is entitled to the following benefits on his/her retirement from Service:-
- Death Cum Retirement Gratuity
- Pension plus Dearness relief on Pension
- Commutation of Pension
- Leave Encashment
- Group Insurance Savings Fund
- Final Payment of GPF
- T.A. to Station of settlement.
What are the benefits payable in case of the death of KVS employees covered under the Pension Scheme?
The following benefits are payable:-
Immediate Relief (If asked for)
- Death Gratuity
- Family Pension plus Dearness Relief on family pension
- Leave Encashment
- Group Insurance-Savings fund and Insurance Amount
- G.P.F. and Deposit Linked Insurance Amount
- T.A. to Station of settlement
What is the maximum amount of Gratuity payable to an employee after retirement?
Rs. 3,50,000 (Rs. 20,00,000 Revised with effect from 29th March, 2018)
On what amount the pension is to be calculated?
Pension is calculated @ 50% of average emoluments drawn during the last 10 months of his/her retirement. In case qualifying service is less than 33 years, the proportionate pension is admissible subject to a minimum of Rs. 1913.00
What is the amount of pension which can be commuted?
A maximum of 40% of Pension can be commuted. By opting for commutation of pension, the amount of pension shall be reduced by the amount commuted but the dearness relief will be payable on the original pension. The commuted portion of pension shall be restored after a period of 15 years from the date of issue of the demand draft/ cheque of commutation of pension & not from the date of retirement.
What amount of leave encashment is to be paid on retirement/death?
An employee on the day of retirement/death is entitled to receive a lump sum payment on account of leave encashment for the unutilized period of E.L. at the credit on the date of retirement/death subject to a maximum of 300 days Earned Leave
What are the forms that are to be submitted by the pensioners?
Form 63, 63 A, 64, 64 A, Particulars of Height and identification marks, specimen signatures in English & Hindi. Passport size Photographs, Undertaking. Drawal of pension through SBI only not from any other Bank. Left-hand thumb and finger impression. Form D for Commutation of Pension. EWS Form, Form A for Payment of GPF/CPF.
In the case of family pension Form, 67 is to be used along with the above form except for Form 64 A. The above-said form may be downloaded from the Website of KVS.
What is the minimum service for Voluntary Retirement?
The minimum service for Voluntary Retirement under Pension Rules shall be 20 years as qualifying service (excluding unqualifying service).
Whether DCRG & Commutation of pension can be released if the disciplinary case is contemplated or pending against the employee at the time of retirement?
In case Departmental proceedings under Rules 14 of CCS (CCA) Rules is pending against an employee only Provisional Pension is payable.. No other benefits such as DCRG & Commutation of Pension will be sanctioned until the completion of disciplinary proceedings.
How much amount of death gratuity is payable?
Death Gratuity payable is to be calculated in the following manners:-
Qualifying Service Amount Payable
- Less than1 year 2 times of the emoluments
- 1 year or less than 5 years 6 times of the emoluments
- 5 years to less than 20 years 12 times of the emoluments
- 20 years or more 1/2 month’s emoluments for each completed six monthly periods of qualifying service subject to a maximum of 33 times the emoluments and monetary limit of Rs. 3.50 lakh.
What is the amount of family pension payable in case of death?
Family Pension at the uniform rate of 30% on last pay drawn is admissible subject to a minimum of Rs. 1913.00 with effect from 1.4.2004
What is the amount of Dearness Relief payable on Pension/family pension?
The Dearness Relief on Pension/Family Pension is to be paid as announced by the Govt. of India from time to time.
What are the benefits payable to an employee in case of retirement if he is not covered under the Pension Scheme?
- i) Own share and management share with interest
- ii) Amount payable under Employees Welfare Scheme
- iii)Leave Encashment
- iv) Retirement Gratuity
What amount is payable in case of death of an employee who is not covered under the Pension Scheme?
- i) DLIS Rs.30,000/-
- ii) Management Share and own share as applicable / credited into his/her account with interest.
- iii) Leave Encashment
- iv) EWS, Gp. “A” 1,20,000/- Gp. “B” 60,000/-, Gr”C” 30,000/-, Gr”D’ 15000/- + Own Share i.e. 70% + interest thereon.
Can an employee who has given the option to retain CPF in response to letter No.F152-1/79-80/KVS/Budget Part II, Dated 01.09.1988 can give the fresh option to switch over from CPF to GPF cum Pension Scheme?
No, once the employee exercised his option opting CPF Scheme cannot give the fresh option to switch over to GPF Account cum Pension Scheme as the option exercised was final and irrevocable.
Who can sanction part final withdrawal/advances to CPF/GPF subscribers working in Vidyalaya/Regional Offices?
The Assistant Commissioner of concerned Regional Office is the Competent Authority to sanction the Part Final Withdrawal/Advance to CPF/GPF subscribers of Group B, C & D working in Vidyalayas/Regional Offices except for Group A officials. JC(Admn.) is the competent Authority in the case of Group A officials.
Whether an amount of Rs. 100 a Medical Allowance is payable to KVS pensioners?
No, the amount of Rs. 100/- as Medical Allowance is not payable to the KVS Pensioners as clarified by Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development.