FAQ on KV School Admission
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
I am a transferrable central govt.employee, transferred recently, how can I get admission for my ward?
- Yes, there is a provision but subject to vacancies. Advised to meet the principal personally
My father is a retired central govt employee/defence personnel. Will my child get benefit?
- Child’s father/mother in any central govt or state govt. can find priorities not for others.
I have identical twins (both are girls). Can I claim Under single girl child category?
My house is near to two kendriya vidyalayas. Where can I apply?
- You are eligible to apply preferably to the closest one. 8 km distance from the school of your residence is known as neibouring school.
Principal & some of the teachers are well known to me, since I myself is an old student of this vidyalaya. Can I get some favour?
Is there any vacancy likely to arise at later stage though not now?
Maximum sanctioned strength in any section of any class is only 40. If the strength dips below than that before the admission period( before 31.07.2018) ,it’s possible
Who are all having quota to grant admission in KVs? And How many?
- i) Chairman VMC – 02
ii) Lok Sabha MP -10( in any school of his constituency)
iii) Rajya Sabha MP-10 ( any school in Tamil Nadu)
iv) Hon’ble Minister of HRD- some seats (which varies from time to time as per Ministry”s decision)
What are the documents to be produced at the time ofadmission in Class -I
- Copies Birth certificate, Service certificate,Residence proof, & other certificates as per the claim
I have applied and how can I come to know that my child is selected or not?
- Provisionally selected list will be published in the school web site and also displayed on the school notice board.
My child’s name is there in the selection list. But I need some time to admit my child…?
- Generally a week time will be given. In an extra ordinary cases Principal will decide accordingly
as per the merit of the case.
My child’s name is in the waiting list. How is it possible?
- You have to update your status with admission in charge of the school.
I am a govt. servant. I have no my own issues hence I have adopted a child. Will my child get admission?
- Adoption certificate (issued by competent authority) as per Indian Adoption Act must be produced at the time of admission.
I have three children. First two are studying in your school, can I get the preference for my third child, if any?
Is there any provision to admit a child in LKG/UKG/pre KG/Nursery in your school?
I am in a transferrable job. At any time I may be transferred. So If I apply here any problem will arise in case of transfer?
- No problem, your online application can be transferred to the place where you might get transfer.
How are children selected/admitted in Kendriya Vidyalayas?
Children are preferred as per the categories mentioned down
- Transferrable/Non transferrable Central govt.employees
- Employees of Transferrable/Non transferrable Govt. of India Undertaking.(PSUs)
- Employees of Transferrable/Non transferrable State govt. employees
- Employees of Transferrable/Non transferrable State govt. Undertaking