CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme Free Education 2020-21
Notification – Eligibility – Rates of Payment – Application Form – Affidavit Format and FAQ
Single Girl Child Quota in KV
CBSE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD
1. Objective: The objective of CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to provide scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with 60% or more marks and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII. The scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
As per the approval of the Competent Authority dated 23.07.2012, all children born together are Single Girl Child of their parents.
2. Allocation of scholarship
The number of scholarships for a particular year shall be variable and shall to awarded to all such “Single Girl Students” who have secured 60% or more marks in the CBSE Class X Examination in that year.
3. Eligibility criteria
The scholarship shall be given on the basis of merit list as stated in Para 2 above, from the result of CBSE Class X Examination. The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
i) All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
NOTE: NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
ii) The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
iii) The student must continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in school as stated above in para 3(i).
iv) A candidate who has passed CBSE Class X Examination in 2018 will be considered.
v) A Scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concessions given by the school in which she is studying other organization(s).
4. Duration of scholarship and its renewal
i) The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e. successful completion of class XI. Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class.
ii) The renewal/ continuation of the scholarship, in cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if she changes the school or course of study shall be subject to prior approval of the Board. Good conduct and regularity in attendance are required for continuance of scholarship. The decision of the Board shall be final and binding in all such matters. A Scholarship once cancelled shall not be renewed under any circumstances.
5. Rate of Scholarships and mode of payment
The rate of the scholarship shall be Rupees Five Hundred (Rs. 500/-) per month. A Scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years.
Payment will be made through ECS/NEFT.
6. Selection Procedure
a) Student should have passed Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 60% or more marks.
b) Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools.
c) Student(Girl) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents.
d) Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s
website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be accepted).
e) Application form should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from the Board’s Examination.
f) Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.
Single Girl Child Affidavit in KV
7. Jurisdiction of Courts or Tribunals
a) A Scholarship once cancelled shall not be renewed under any circumstances.
b) The decision of the Chairman of the Board shall be final and binding in all such matters.
c) Any resultant dispute arising out of this scholarship scheme shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the court situated in Delhi/ New Delhi only.
Online Registration No. SGC X / 2018_____________________
FORMAT OF AFFIDAVIT
(ON NON-JUDICIAL STAMP PAPER OF RS.10/- SWORN IN BEFORE FIRST CLASS JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE/SDM/EXECUTIVE MAGISTRATE/NOTARY
FROM THE PARENTS)
I (Parent’s name) ____________________________ s/o / d/o _________________ r/o __________________ do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:-
1) That (Student’s name) _______________is my only one daughter and her date of birth is _____________ (dd/mm/yyyy).
2) That I am the father/mother and Ms. (Student’s Name)________________ is my only daughter.
3) That I have no other child except my above-named daughter.
(Signature of parent)
VERIFIED AT _____________________ ON THIS ______________ DAY OF ____________ AND THE CONTENTS OF THIS AFFIDAVIT ARE TRUE AND CORRECT AND NOTHING MATERIAL HAS BEEN CONCEALED. DEPONENT
(Signature of a parent)
(Strike off whichever is not applicable)
To be filled in by the Principal of the School for the student, who intends to avail Single Girl Child Scholarship and is pursuing her Class XI for the year 2018–2019
(Use CAPITAL letters only)
1. This is also to certified that (School Name of class XI) ___________________________ is affiliated with the _____________ Board vide affiliation No. _____________ upto Class _________ from the year __________ to __________.
2. It is certified that as per School record Km. ____________________________D/o
Sh.________________________________ is only child of their parent and having no
3. It is certified that Km. ____________________________ D/o Sh. _________________________________ was a regular student and had passed her Class X Examination in the academic year 2017–2018 from (School Name) ___________________________________which is affiliated with the CBSE. The tuition fee paid for Class X was Rs. __________ per month. She is pursuing her Class XI study from (School Name) ___________________________ and the tuition fee being paid for Class XI is Rs. ______________ per month in the academic year 2018–2019.
4. It is certified that the Affidavit by Parents of Single Girl Child has been verified by the School and it is strictly as per format given by the CBSE.
5. It is certified that Km. __________________________ D/O Sh. ______________________ has obtained ________ % marks in Class X from ___________________________ (School Name).
6. It is certified that the following Bank details of the candidate are found correct: –
Bank Account No. (Candidate’s only) ____________________________
IFSC Code ____________________________
Bank Name ____________________________
Aadhaar No. ____________________________
Signature of the Principal _______________________
Name of the Principal _______________________
School Stamp _______________________________
1. All the Principal(s) of School Head of Institutions are requested to ensure to verify the exact detail of candidates as per record in the proforma so that only eligible candidate can avail the benefit of the scheme.
2. No column should be left blank, otherwise, the application will be rejected.
3. Overwriting/cutting/ Correction is not allowed, otherwise, the application will be rejected. Photo of the applicant 5
ELIGIBILITY FOR FILLING UP(SINGLE GIRL CHILD-RENEWAL FORM) FORM F-2.
All conditions to be fulfilled by the Applicant
(i) Should have received CBSE Single Girl Child Merit Scholarship last year.
(ii) Should be a student of CBSE in class XI in the previous year and have scored 50% or more marks in Class XI and promoted to class XII.
(iii) The tuition fees for Class X should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month during the Academic year. In the next 02 years, the total enhancement of tuition fee shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee.
Value of scholarship Rs. 500/- per month
- Bank Account Details
- Applicants should write their Bank Name, Account number,
- RTGS/NEFT/IFSC code (11 digits)
- alphanumeric & Bank address.
All the applications must be signed by the applicants. Unsigned applications will be rejected.
All the applications must be certified along with signature/ stamp of the Principal of the present school where the student is studying. In case applications are not attested the same will be rejected.
Documents to be sent with the Application:
An attested copy of Mark sheet of Class XI/ 2018.
A copy of Aadhaar number, if any. It must be linked with Bank Account of the candidate.
A copy of Bank passbook/ cancelled cheque duly attested.
Important:- Incomplete application will be summarily rejected.
No correspondence will be entertained in case of rejection, what so ever the reason(s) should be.
No Form will be entertained after the last date, what so ever the reason(s) should be.
Where to send Duly filled up Application Forms
The duly filled in proforma be sent in an envelope superscribing “APPLICATION FOR CBSE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR SGC X F – 2 (RENEWAL)” should be sent to the “ASSISTANT SECRETARY (SCHOLARSHIP), CBSE, SHIKSHA KENDRA, 2 COMMUNITY CENTRE, PREET VIHAR, DELHI 110 092”.
KVS Single Girl Child Certificate Online Apply
CBSE SGC Scholarship Scheme Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)
How I can apply for a scholarship?
CBSE awards scholarships under various schemes. Details of these along with eligibility are available in the Guidelines and Application form page. The applicant should ensure that he/she submits the application duly completed in all respect before the last date.
What are the reasons for the rejection of the application?
The rejection may be due to Application not in proper format and non enclosure of relevant documents.
What is the definition of SGC (Single Girl Child) applicant?
Single Girl child means a girl who is the only child of their parents and there is no brother or sisters.
I am a single girl in the family. I have one brother. Can I apply for a scholarship under the Single Girl Child Scheme?
No, As per the definition of Single Girl Children you will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme as single Girl child are those girl children whose parents have only one girl child and there are no other siblings.
I have received a cheque which has date expiring today only. How can I get a valid cheque?
Normally CBSE sends cheque through partner banks by post and chances of delay are not there. However, in such a case you may send the cheque to the CBSE scholarship branch for getting a valid cheque.
Whether I will require to apply for renewal of scholarship again?
Yes, you have to apply for renewal separately.