In 2023, Hindus across India will gather to celebrate Krishna Janmashtami, a holy day marking the anniversary of the birth of the Hindu god Krishna. Some believe he is the Ninth Avatar of Lord Vishnu (avatar). On the Gregorian calendar September 7, 2023, will be the month of Sravana—also known as Gokulashtami. Around the globe, people celebrate Shri Krishna Jayanti with great enthusiasm. On this day, devotees of Lord Krishna fast and worship his sculptures.
The upcoming day and dates for the Krishna Janmashtami celebration in India
|Krishna Janmashtami Date Calendar 2024|
|Krishna Janmashtami Date Calendar 2025|
|Krishna Janmashtami Date Calendar 2026|
|Krishna Janmashtami Date Calendar 2027|
|Krishna Janmashtami Date Calendar 2028|
|Krishna Janmashtami Date Calendar 2029|
1. It is considered when Ashtami is enduring during midnight, Vrat must be held on the next day.
2. If it is still the Ashtami at midnight on the second day, keep fast on the next day.
3. If Ashtami is for midnight of 2 days and Rohini Nakshatra is for one night only, the subsequent day of that night must be evaluated for the fast.
4. If Ashtami is at midnight for 2 days and both of the nights bear Rohini Nakshatra, Krishna Janmashtami fast is taken on the second day.
On Krishna Janmashtami, there are fasting guidelines. During the Janmashtami fast, no grains are permitted to be consumed until the dawn of the next day. The rules will be the same as for the Ekadashi fast. The Parana break-fast should occur at a suitable time. Parana is observed on the day following the fast of Krishna Janmashtami when Ashtami Tithi and Rohini Nakshatra have passed. If Ashtami Tithi and Rohini Nakshatra are not finished before nightfall, the fast may be interrupted during the day.
1. All of the temples in the country have beautiful decorations.
After Krishna is dressed up, he is put in the cradle and everyone swings him.
3. People pray and fast until midnight. At midnight, the holy sounds of conches and bells are played everywhere to let people know that Krishna was born. Krishna’s Aarti is sung, and food from heaven is passed around.
4. On this day, everyone who loves the god sings and dances until midnight.