JEE Main 2018 – Application Form, Important Dates Official Bulletin
Submission of Online Application Form: 01.12.2017 – 01.01.2018
Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2018
1. Candidates of JEE (Main) –2018 have to apply online only. There is no printed application form for JEE(Main).
2. Please ensure that you are filling genuine application form available online at JEE (Main) website (www.jeemain.nic.in).
3. Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating State Institutions (as applicable).
4. The JEE (Main) secretariat/CBSE is only an examination conducting body. After declaration of result the data is handed over to SEAT ALLOCATION BOARD or the concerned state government/institute for Seat Allocation Process and admission procedure. The JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE does not collect the information regarding total number of seats available in the institutions and reservation criteria followed by the institutions.
5. All the candidates who have submitted the online application and paid the examination fee till last date will be allowed to appear in JEE (Main) and their admit cards will be uploaded on the website as per schedule. The JEE (Main) secretariat/CBSE do neither verify the information filled by the candidates in the application form nor verify any certificate of category/educational qualification for deciding the eligibility of candidates. The certificates of educational qualification and category (if applied under reserved category) will be verified by the concerned institution. The candidates are, therefore, advised to ensure their eligibility and the category (if applying under reserved category). The CBSE will, in no way, be responsible for any wrong/incorrect information furnished by the candidate(s) in their online application form. The letter/e-mails in this regard will not be entertained by JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE.
6. The use of Aadhaar for the candidates of JEE (Main) 2018 will result in accuracy of the candidates’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the candidates at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
7. The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
8. Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the candidates of JEE (Main) 2018, and hereby notifies the following:
7.1 Candidates, who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for JEE(Main) 2018 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
7.2 Candidates not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
7.3 The candidates who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 14 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID (Including slash) printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main) 2018.
8. The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
9. The candidates who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.